Olivia Miles forgoes WNBA draft, enter transfer portal in stunner
Olivia Miles shook up the WNBA draft landscape with a bombshell Monday night.
The Notre Dame star, who was widely projected to be the No. 2 pick in the draft, will forgo the draft and enter the transfer portal, according to ESPN.
After missing the entire 2023-24 season due to a knee injury, Miles, 22, averaged 15.4 points, 5.8 assists and 5.6 rebounds per game this year, leading Notre Dame to a Sweet 16 appearance.
In December, she became the first player in ACC history to record consecutive triple-doubles β against Loyola and Virginia β and her three total triple-doubles this year led the nation.
No. 3 Notre Dame was eliminated from March Madness 2025 on Saturday by No. TCU.
She had hinted after the loss that he was done with college, but seemingly came to a different decision.
βI love college, I think Iβve outgrown it,β Miles said after the game. βThat kind of makes my decision tougher to stay.β
Miles has one season of eligibility remaining after using a medical redshirt last year.
βI trust in myself for whatever decision I make,β Miles previously said. βEither decision would be good for me. Iβm just trusting in myself. Iβll be confident in my decision that I make, for sure.β
Source link